Loading... Please wait...
Lemon Coconut Whole Wheat Pancakes
15 small pancakes
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon Baking powder
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 can (14 oz) Roland® Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar (or sweetener of choice, to taste)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed mixed with 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons zest of 1 lemon
- Mix the dry ingredients (whole wheat pastry flour, shredded coconut, baking powder and pinch of salt) in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the wet ingredients (coconut milk, agave nectar, ground flaxseed, lemon extract, vanilla extract and zest of 1 lemon) into a small bowl.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl while you're mixing so there is no dry mix left.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat or if you are using a flat-bottomed griddle heat over medium-low heat. Spray with a little oil to prevent sticking.
- Spread out 1/4 cup batter per pancake. You can cook 3 to 4 at a time, but make sure to leave yourself enough room to flip them.
- Once the sides of the pancake start to set up and look dry, carefully flip and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Repeat until you have cooked all the pancakes. Serve with maple syrup and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
© Kathy Hester 2013.